Sunday, October 24, 2010

adventures in antiqueing

~ i went antique shopping last night but had to come in today to pick everything i had picked out because....my card got declined!! eek!! that was so embarrassing, i ended up getting there twenty minutes before they closed. they had so many beautiful things at the antique mall i went to called Granny's Attic. theres also a second antique mall right next to granny's called Grandpa's Attic. i haven't yet explored the place because Granny's attic was huge and i haven't explored the entire mall yet, so next weeks mission is to go back there and finish looking and start on grandpa's attic. anyways heres a few treasures i bought
i got this great chandelier that i hung right next to my bed, although i did hit my head on it enough to make me want to move it to the other side of my bed and i decided i was going to paint the flowers a rusted over black color even though the rosey-pink is gorgeous, it doesnt match my room.

spotted this old photo taken of a dead man in his casket, his wife and daughter peering inside.. it was so gruesome that i had to have it.. for $20... expensive, but it was worth it because it fits in perfectly with the rest of the oddities in my sideshow of a bedroom. i apologize, my scanner doesn't do the photo justice. click on it to see it larger.

this cage was fairly small, but would fit my black crow in there perfect. it also wouldn't cause too much tension on my ceiling, so it was perfect to hang in the corner of my room where there isn't any decorations.

i got a set of deers for only $8 that goes with my ever-expanding, but small deer collection my great-grandmother gave me when i was a little one. they were too cute to pass up and "hooved" creatures seem to be very "in" this year.

i bought a porcelain doll head for $2 and placed it in a really neat looking jar i also bought for $4 for a spooky feel.

lastly, i got another singer dress form, but this one is a small size and this one adjusts to my own measurements while the other dress form i have is a medium and is too big for me. but i am so glad i have it and only for $70 it was mine, that is SUPER cheap. and it comes in handy for all my clients who are petite and just in general makes life much easier. hurray for dress forms!

No comments:

Post a Comment